There are many reasons why it’s worth playing in online casinos. But there is still a very distinct difference in the experience when playing in a traditional casino compared to an online casino. There tends to be more of an atmosphere.
In order to make online casinos more realistic, like the atmosphere that you find in traditional casinos, online casinos have come up with the concept of live games. What does it mean? Simply put, this means that live casino games are run by croupiers or real dealers, and the games are broadcast live. Playing with a live dealer means that the gaming experience is much more authentic. The best casino games to play live are Blackjack, roulette and poker.
Anyone who has ever tried a live online casino knows that it’s just as good of an experience as playing in a regular casino – if not better. Playing at an online casino follows exactly the same principle as playing at a table in a casino. You just don’t have to leave the comfort of your home. You can conveniently play from your phone or computer at any time and from anywhere.
How To Find the Best Live Casinos
Finding the right casino is a process that differs from player to player. In order to find the live casino that best suits you, you need to consider the available games, bonuses, payment methods, and sometimes also the game manufacturers. Think about what your preferences are. If you’re unsure of where to start, don’t worry! We can help you with that. Keep reading if you wish to find out how to choose the right online casino for you, as well as the best live casinos.
Different Types of Live Casinos
Each live casino is different, offering unique gaming experiences, live casino bonuses, and much more. But how do you find the right casino for you without spending too much money and time?
The first step is to know which games are most important to you. Blackjack, roulette and baccarat are the most popular live games, but some casinos also organize live poker games or other betting options. So, it’s clear that your game preference plays an important role when choosing your live casino.
The selection of live games in an online casino is more limited than in regular arcades and traditional casinos. Live broadcasting of games takes place in a studio. Therefore, it requires additional resources that not all online casinos have. To find an online casino that offers live games, see our casino list at the top of the page.
Live Casino Games
What games can be played live? Let’s review some of the most common ones:
- Live roulette is one of the most popular live games. Bets are made in real-time. You can watch the roulette spin live and see if you’ve won.
- Live Blackjack with a dealer works just the same as in a traditional casino. The dealer deals out the cards. The only difference is that players communicate their next moves by pressing buttons on their computer or mobile phone. Everything else is just like in a real casino. Just more convenient since you can play from anywhere.
- Live poker is also one of the most common live games in online casinos. The most common version of the game is Texas Hold’em. You can both play against other players and against the dealer. Poker is a very exciting game and one of the most legendary games of chance, where strategy plays a big role in shaping the course of the game. However, playing live poker makes the game even more interesting than regular online poker. Other versions of poker that can be played online are No Limit Poker and Omaha.
The best live casinos offer all of these games, but they often specialize in just one of them. However, smaller online casinos offer 1-2 games that can be played live. By registering as a user on different casino pages, it’s possible to try several different games.
The best Canadian live casinos are those where you can also find:
- A dealer who speaks several languages, such as English, French, Spanish, etc.
- Gender: you can choose between a female or a male dealer
- Game versions: most casino games are available in multiple versions. For example, Texas Hold’em is the most common version in poker, whereas in roulette you can choose between American, Spanish or European roulette
- Game manufacturers: there are many manufacturers that offer the option of playing with a live dealer. In order to broadcast games, manufacturers must have the necessary license and all games must have been tested properly.
- Live casino bonuses that you can use to play for free. NB! When using bonuses, pay attention to whether they’re accompanied by specific conditions.
- Other extras: These can be other bets, audio and video quality, the ability to communicate with other players via live chat, and much more.
How Do Live Dealer Casinos Work?
Before playing, it’s wise to familiarize yourself with how live casinos work. Then you’ll know what to expect from the casino, especially if you’re playing for the first time. The most important thing to know is that online games are very similar to regular casinos. The only difference is that players sit behind their screens instead of at a casino table. However, the dealer still sits at a regular casino table and deals the cards or spins the roulette wheel, as well as announces who the winner is at the end of the round.
Cameras film the dealer from multiple angles to ensure a good view of the cards, chips, or roulette wheel. The dealer also has his own screen through which he can welcome new players. Players can also send questions to the dealer, which the dealer will then answer. The live broadcast always takes place directly on the casino's own website.
Live Casino on Mobile
Most online casinos are also available as mobile apps or mobile-friendly websites. If you prefer to play on your mobile, you can still take part in live games. Regardless of whether you play on a computer, tablet, or mobile, you still need a good internet connection to play the game without the image freezing.
What’s the Role of the Dealer?
The dealer's job is to make sure that the game runs smoothly. The pace of the game must be suitable for the players and the dealer must be very precise in everything. In a regular casino, it’s the dealer who monitors the placing of the bets and checks that everything is working as it should. However, this isn’t possible in an online casino since betting is done automatically. However, the advantage of this is that the dealer can focus more on the players and work on creating a good atmosphere.
Live Casino Bonuses
It’s quite common for several casinos to use the services of the same game manufacturer. Yet, the offers that are made to customers still differ from casino to casino. Things such as payment methods, playing conditions, and security measures also differ depending on the individual casino.
Focusing on bonuses once again, the live casino bonus is one of the best things to look out for in online casinos. Such bonuses can be free spins, free bets, or deposit bonuses.
NB! All this may seem very tempting, but it’s worth remembering that online casinos still don’t offer free money. As a rule, there are requirements that players must meet in order to use the bonuses. Before you redeem the bonus, read the terms and conditions carefully in order to find out what requirements you must follow. This way, you can get the most out of your bonuses.
Advantages of Playing with a Live Dealer
There are many advantages to a live casino, some of which include:
- A realistic gaming experience.
- The ability to play with higher stakes.
- The ability to communicate with other players - you can usually turn this function on or off yourself.
- Bonuses, loyalty programs, and other offers - you can find more information here: casino bonuses.
- They’re available from anywhere. All you need is an internet connection and a smart device.
- An unlimited number of seats "at the gaming table" - Often in real casinos, players have to wait their turn for a place at the table. That’s not a concern at live casinos.
- No extra costs. When playing at a regular casino, many costs are added that are not in a live casino, such as drinks, meals, transportation and accommodation costs. Let's not forget the gratuity that dealers appreciate. The only cost in an online casino is the bets that you’ve made, and if you can also benefit from bonuses, you can play a few rounds, maybe even for free!
So, these are the pros and cons of live casinos. If you wish to see which live casinos are available in New Zealand, go to the top of our list of casinos. Enjoy the experience and see how far you can push your luck!